It offers an amazing educational experience to children in kindergarten through 6th grade. Desert Sky currently enrolls 165 children from the Bend La-Pine School District and surrounding areas. As a charter school, Desert Sky receives 80% of its funds from the state and sponsoring district and is required to raise the other 20% from fundraising, grants and donations. During the COVID-19 restrictions this has raised some unique challenges.
Dr. Maria Montessori recognized children as the redeeming factor in the progress of humanity. Children in Montessori schools are encouraged to learn by following their interests and their passions. They spend time researching and producing meaningful work. They become intrinsically motivated to learn and become appreciative and responsible global citizens.
We invite you this year to join us as we aim to provide more children in Bend with a public Montessori education, and along with it the opportunity to discover the interests and passions that will impact the world around them.
Desert Sky Montessori – 150 NE Bend River Mall, Ste. 260, Bend, OR 97703 – 541-350-2090 – firstname.lastname@example.org – www.dsmontessori.org
Bend, Redmond, Prineville, Sisters, Madras – Jefferson County, La Pine, Sunriver, Warm Springs